Saturday, October 13, 2012

Impose Beliefs

The greatest cop-outs reach the highest levels of hubris. When VP Joe Biden cited:

"With regard to -- with regard to abortion, I accept my church's position on abortion as a -- what we call a (inaudible) doctrine. Life begins at conception in the church's judgment. I accept it in my personal life.

But I refuse to impose it on equally devout Christians and Muslims and Jews, and I just refuse to impose that on others, unlike my friend here, the -- the congressman. I -- I do not believe that we have a right to tell other people that -- women they can't control their body."

Why not just toss out the entire Ten
Commandments Joe? The very foundation of our common law is anchored in the Ten Commandments.

When pro-choice advocates cite their commitment to allow others to follow their own choice, it is a slippery slope argument at best. Of course, we all have choice. But, our choices dictate our path to God or away from HIM. The "choice" of taking another individual's life cannot be painted over with euphemisms or ever forgotten.

Do tell, what part of a mother's body is missing after having suffered an abortion?

Read more on the VP Debate: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/11/transcript-vice-presidential-debate/#ixzz29BtlaeiY 

No comments:

Post a Comment